How to Find a Job Using Social Media3:28 PM
AnnaLaura Brown of Examiner.com shares a few tips on how to use social media to find the job of your dreams. In this tight economy, job-seekers are going to new lengths to look for steady employment; but what about using the plethora of social media resources that you may already use?
Here is AnnaLaura's list of ways to use social media to your advantage. Any more items that you'd like to add?
1. Use Twitter. Send out tweets letting people know what kind of job you are looking for. You can also indicate in your profile keywords and that you are job hunting. In addition there are many job websites as well as large corporations and employers who are using Twitter to send out information about available job openings. Do a search on Twitter and follow any of these accounts which are relevant to the kind of job you are seeking.
2. Use Facebook. Put on your profile specifics about the kind of job you are looking for. Every once and a while when you update your status indicate a bit of information about the kind of job you want. Write a Facebook note describing your ideal job and then tag anyone who you think may be able to help you.
3. Use Linkedin. There are a lot of recruiters on this social networking site who are looking to hire people and make sure that your profile is well written, that you get recommended and that you make it look like a professional resume. Request contacts on a regular basis and be active with groups and answers. Linkedin of all the social networking sites is the one which offers the best possibility of being hired.
4. Use Squidoo. Create a lens describing your ideal job and include information about how anyone who is interested in hiring you can contact you.
5. Write a blog post about your ideal job and tell your readers how they can hire you.
Have you found a job using social media? Let us know!